Cosford Full size

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Paul Savage 1568

Cosford Full size

Postby Paul Savage 1568 » June 8th, 2014, 8:17 pm

Wow. What a lot of spectators.

One behalf of the Midlands Large Model Flying Group I want to thank Dave Johnson for
offering us the opportunity to display our WW1 and WW2 models at the 2014 Cosford Air Show today in front of tens of thousands of spectators.

A very strong cross wind didn't deter any of the lads from putting on a few very well supported and rather professional looking WW1 slots to the delight of the public.

I would also wish to thank all of my fellow Catton members for turning up and flying their models in the less than perfect conditions with only the odd minor nose over incidents to talk about.

Great day had by all.

Paul.

DAVE JOHNSON

Re: Cosford Full size

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » June 8th, 2014, 8:55 pm

Paul--yes I was told it was a 50,000 sell out--they must have heard your team was displaying maybe??
Please thank all the Catton team for helping put the LMA on the map at the show---their display was brilliant---I must also thank Tony Hooper for stepping in to commentate for our hours display,plus of course Paul needham for his hospitality van---it was a great day and good PR for the association----DAVE

Steve Kasch
Site Admin

Re: Cosford Full size

Postby Steve Kasch » June 9th, 2014, 8:56 am

I would also like to say thanks :-

1. Thanks to the show organisers for inviting the LMA
2. Thanks to Dave Johnson for getting Paul Savage to round up the WW1'ers
3. Thanks to Paul Savage for pushing everyone to sort out a WW1 model to bring
4. Thanks to the pilots for all their efforts in what were actually very difficult flying conditions
5. Thanks to Paul Needham for the hospitality and thanks to all the other ground crew and helpers behind the seems who made things go so well. I think we came across very professorial looking.

Oh yes and thanks Dave for my Ice Cream!

Return to “General Discussion Topics”