Wiring Harness

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
John McNamara

Wiring Harness

Postby John McNamara » April 3rd, 2015, 1:18 pm

With the closure of SM Services I no longer have a source of wiring harnesses for my projects. They used to make up my harnesses with good quality JR style plugs and high quality HD silcon covered twisted cable.
Does anyone know of an alternative source please?
John

David Jones

Re: Wiring Harness

Postby David Jones » April 4th, 2015, 9:29 am

The Component Shop sell everything you need, I don't know if they make harnesses up, but it would be worth asking them. They sell the wire, Futaba and JR, off the roll so you can order as much as you like and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. They also sell JR extension leads. If you Google The Component Shop you will find their website and on line catalogue. Jonesey.

Phil Clark

Postby Phil Clark » April 5th, 2015, 6:39 pm

Any use John?........I don't carry JR/Futaba plugs & sockets but I do have the HD cable + the full range of Ashlok connectors. These are far superior to JR/Futaba plugs as these have a moulded in safety clip so cannot accidently come disconnected. We have 3, 6, 9 and 12 way connectors allowing up to 4 servos to be connected with just one connector rather than 4 JR/Futaba's........ideal for, for e.g. a 4 servo wing to fuselage connection.

http://www.fighteraces.co.uk/products/ashlock-connectors/

Phil

John McNamara

Postby John McNamara » April 10th, 2015, 7:09 am

Thanks David,
Funnily enough I was just clearing out some storage boxes yesterday and came accross an old Component shop catalogue. I will give them a bell.
Thanks Phil,
I still have a few Ashloks in stock, but they are not what I need on this occasion. The model is designed to have 15 way "D" plugs and sockets screwed into the wing root and the fuselage faings so that you get automatic hook up. I still need extensions of close to 2 metres for the servos in the tail end of the fuselage.

John

Nigel Cox

Postby Nigel Cox » April 10th, 2015, 5:38 pm

Maplins sell the 15 pin "D" plugs n sockets in the normal or high density layout ( used on computer monitors)

John McNamara

Postby John McNamara » April 10th, 2015, 6:04 pm

Hi Nigel,
Apparently they only keep high density now. I have always got them from Maplins, but they tell me they no longer order standard density. I got some from Tinternet.
John

Nigel Cox

Postby Nigel Cox » April 10th, 2015, 9:32 pm

I must of been lucky then, as I bought 2 pairs of the normal layout just before Christmas from their Milton Keynes store

Edit: They are still listed on their site http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-d-sub- ... -way-bk58n http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-d-sub- ... -way-bk59p

Stuart Bishop

Postby Stuart Bishop » April 14th, 2015, 10:18 pm

Try Nexus they have all parts you will need to make your own or complete
i use mpx & he sells the mounting plates for them

Return to “General Discussion Topics”