Ivan Goodchild

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
John Greenfield

Ivan Goodchild

Postby John Greenfield » May 9th, 2016, 3:49 pm

It is with deep regret and sadness that I have to announce the sudden passing of Ivan Goodchild. Ivan was attending the fly-in at Binham last weekend when he was taken ill on the flightline and despite the best efforts of the paramedics he could not be revived.

Ivan was best known for his large electric powered models and also his deep knowledge of 2.4ghz radio systems which the LMA have called upon for advice in the past.

I will post details of funeral arrangements in due course.

R.I.P Ivan, we will miss you

John

maurice northcott

Re: Ivan Goodchild

Postby maurice northcott » May 9th, 2016, 4:19 pm

Very sorry to hear this John. Ivan was an inspiration to many and always willing to share knowledge. We will sadly miss his visits to our Field. He was also a true gentleman. RIP Ivan...... on behalf of all at the North London RCMFC.

Dave Hayfield

Postby Dave Hayfield » May 9th, 2016, 5:36 pm

Very sad news, you could not meet a nicer person and his value to the LMA with his knowledge of electronics has been invaluable. We will miss you...............Dave and Greg
Thanet Model Flying Club
LMA 520

Kevin Fairgrieve

Postby Kevin Fairgrieve » May 9th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Gutted.

I was flying with Ivan last Friday at Tibenham.

My condolences to family and friends.

Kev

DAVE JOHNSON

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » May 9th, 2016, 9:43 pm

I got the call from Binham yesterday and was really shocked---IVAN only phoned me a few weeks back offering help with Commentary at the Tibenham show----condolences to his family----DAVE

stewart clifford

Postby stewart clifford » May 10th, 2016, 9:03 am

Very sad news, I too was chatting with him Friday at Tibenham and he was his normal self, flying all day.
R I P Ivan.

Philip Goff

Postby Philip Goff » May 14th, 2016, 9:50 am

Dear All
Ivan was one of the stalwart supporters of my events both at Coltishall and Tibenham.

Ivan was his normal jolly self at Tibenham on Friday the 6th of May, we were taking the
mickey out of each as usual. He flew his B17 and we also flew our electric Lancasters
together. It is hard to believe we will never do that again.

It was the Binham event last Sunday) and we had all arranged to
go. On my way there Muffler phoned me and told me the air ambulance was there
and he thought it was Ivan who was in trouble, by the time I arrived it had been confirmed
that Ivan had passed away. We were all in total shock.

It was decided that the flying would continue as that is what Ivan would have wanted.

In closing, Ivan had time for everyone and he loved this wonderful hobby of ours
particularly electric and gliders. I am still in a state of shock today.

He will be sorely missed and the model World will be a lesser place without him.

I hope he has gone to a better place, fly on my friend fly on.

Regards Phil G.

John Greenfield

Postby John Greenfield » May 16th, 2016, 9:05 pm

Dear members

I am please to be able to tell you details of Ivan's funeral.
The service will be at West Suffolk Crematorium which is at Risby, Bury St Edmunds, IP28 6RR on the 13th June at 12.45. Following the service I have arranged a wake at the Bunbury Arms, Ixworth Rd, Bury St Ed's IP31 2NX. this is only a short drive from the crem. I have arranged a finger buffet and tea / coffee to be available but need to confirm numbers for catering. All LMA members who knew Ivan are welcome to attend but I would appreciate it if you would advise me if you will be attending. I will be happy to receive confirmations via PM,email to jgreenfi@hotmail.co.uk or phone 07710 924721.

Please note that the day is to be a celebration of Ivan's life and not a sombre black tie event. LMA members are requested to wear LMA branded attire to the service.

John

John Greenfield

Postby John Greenfield » May 17th, 2016, 7:07 am

Additional information

As Ivan was not one for flowers, we request that none are provided. Instead, there will be a collection for the East Anglia Air Ambulance which Ivan supported and was in attendance on the day he passed. A collection will be made at the service but if you are unable to attend and would still like to contribute cheques can be sent direct to the funeral directors who are managing the collection.

Susan Whymark Funeral Service ltd
Chestnut House
12 Progress Way
Eye
Suffolk
1P23 7HU

Thanks
John

stephen sales

Postby stephen sales » June 11th, 2016, 10:39 am

Such a nice chap Ivan very sad to hear this I had some time with Ivan at a fair few of the shows a while back and was hoping to meet up again with him this year he will
Be missed

Return to “General Discussion Topics”