Latest Journal

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
David Berry

Re: Latest Journal

Postby David Berry » July 28th, 2018, 9:03 am

Another vote to leave the name unaltered, although I'm not averse to the logo being reviewed.
As others have said, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

John Evans

Postby John Evans » July 28th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Large Midriff Association lol
Lots of those about

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » July 29th, 2018, 5:15 am

John Evans wrote:Large Midriff Association lol
Lots of those about

Best one yet John, and spot on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Evans

Postby John Evans » August 3rd, 2018, 10:32 am

Would leave the name and logo as it is in my opinion
Leave Makeover Alone

John Greenfield

Postby John Greenfield » August 4th, 2018, 7:35 am

If we have to change the name (see my previous comment) why not use whatever name is decided but in the format

Large Model Association trading as "XXXXX" This would leave the LMA name intact and not lose the worldwide reputation it has developed in the excellence in the building, flying and managing large models.
The LMA have built up a superb reputation across the globe over the 36 years we have been in existence and this could be diluted or even lost with a name change if there is no link back to LMA.

By all means, update the logo or even the fonts used for the text but don't drop "LMA"

It worked for the SMAE when they added BMFA to their title.

John

Jack Kennedy

Postby Jack Kennedy » August 7th, 2018, 3:42 pm

Having read all the comments with regard to the re-naming/re-branding of the LMA i'm assuming this would take in merchandise as well.
If this was the case, the old stuff would still be known, but if changed the new stuff would possibly have a new logo, color ect.
It would be the memberships choice to either purchase the new merchandise or not.
from a personal point of view,
1x bodywarmer
1x fleece
2x sweatshirts
2x poloshirts
2x t-shirts
4x hats
1x lightweight brown/yellow jacket

All are clean tidy and still in very good condition Total over £100 when purchased ( It's not the point of the money )
Would I be replacing them for the sake of a different logo, color or both. ( I DON'T THINK SO ) ( MY CHOICE )

No offers please I'm not selling them ( they are mine ) :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Jack Kennedy on August 8th, 2018, 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The only way is up

Andrew Hindle

Postby Andrew Hindle » August 7th, 2018, 9:16 pm

As John Greenfield correctly points out, the LMA "Brand" has been running for 36 years and is known worldwide... for example you don't see NIKE and Coca Cola changing their "Brand"... So why change ours???... Yes update / improve the logo slightly.... keep it simple, but don't confuse people!

Andy Hindle

David Jones

Postby David Jones » August 8th, 2018, 9:04 am

I agree with Jack, and I've only got a body warmer and a fleece, but they are both as brand new so I won't be replacing them.

maurice northcott

Postby maurice northcott » August 9th, 2018, 7:09 am

I believe (in accord with John Greenfield and many others) that the name of our Association should be kept as it is.

Throughout my professional career I have known many Companies "re-brand" (to use the modern term) but I cannot think of one that changed their name or even extended it.

The world knows us as the Large Model Association, so that name has been accepted.

Why change a winning formula?

Regards
maurice

Cary Bailey

Postby Cary Bailey » August 9th, 2018, 4:37 pm

I think we should keep the name of the association as it is, I think re-branding is not a good idea albeit companies who have done whereby they have changed their product names, Mars confectionary for instance changed the chocolate "Marathon" bars and became "Snickers", LG products were known as "Lucky Goldstar" and then became "Life's Good" but they kept the acronym the same "LG", and not to be politically hit round the head but the famous Hartleys Jam that included a certain character that shall remain nameless as it offended folk once PC correctness came to light.
My offer would be to keep the name as it is, re-invent ourselves with a refresh as to the style in which the name is identified on our headings/accessories/clothing etc to something a little more modern or even contemporary, even a colour change can make a huge difference (not following the present "white is the new black" fashion victim syndrome likened to cars at the moment). Perhaps even dropping the logo might be considered, after all "less is more"!
Cary

Return to “General Discussion Topics”