Over 20Kg Weight Limit

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Rob Buckley

Over 20Kg Weight Limit

Postby Rob Buckley » January 27th, 2019, 2:18 pm

Despite some rumours to the contrary, the weight limit for model aircraft needing an CAA exemption is still 20Kg dry. The limit will be changing to 25kg wet at some stage in the future (probably in 3 years or so), but not yet. When we have more concrete information, it will be widely communicated.
LMA Secretary - I've got a reasonable idea where you live!

Arthur Fielding

Re: Over 20Kg Weight Limit

Postby Arthur Fielding » February 3rd, 2019, 8:24 pm

Hi
I have read your latest posting on the 20kg rule. However I read in the BMFA news that IMAC committee has agreed to raise the weight limit in this class to 25kg .
Now I might have missed something but it reads to me like the rule change is as of now.
I would appreciate your comments
Thank you
Arthur.

Rob Buckley

Postby Rob Buckley » February 3rd, 2019, 8:33 pm

The IMAC weight limit is just the maximum weight they accept for models at their competitions. It's nothing to do with any weight limit in the law, IMAC models over 20Kg will need to have an exemption like any other model over 20Kg.
LMA Secretary - I've got a reasonable idea where you live!

stuart knowles 1611

Postby stuart knowles 1611 » February 3rd, 2019, 9:11 pm

On one of the FaceAche forums, someone answered a query to the effect that they had been informed at the LMA AGM that the limit was now 25kg wet. (They weren't)
It is amazing,
1) How people glibly say these things as known facts when they have no real idea and
2) Once something has been read on a computer/phone/tablet how it suddenly must be true.

Return to “General Discussion Topics”