John Evans

Journal

Postby John Evans » December 22nd, 2019, 7:15 pm

Thought the journal was being discontinued
Wouldn't be a loss in my opinion with todays technology available

Alan Cantwell 1131

Re: Journal

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » December 22nd, 2019, 8:19 pm

Well, just received mine, informative as ever, I look on it as a link to the associations musings, and a valuable addition to my membership I think the new editor has done well with his first issue, and I thank him & the team, you’ve got big shoes to fill, it’s a good start,

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » December 23rd, 2019, 4:39 am

John, it was never on the cards to give up with the journal, I am so glad the Board has found away to keep it going. Even though I have been the editor for a few years and knew word for word and layout after layout what the journal looked like before anyone else I still loved seeing it land on my door mat and opening it, you can’t beat a printed copy.

For all the technology there is today nothing comes close, long may it continue to be a part of our membership.

barrie burton

Postby barrie burton » December 23rd, 2019, 8:07 am

John,we are all entitled to our opions,but in my opinion,you are so,so wrong.Thank you very much Mr Parry and a Merry Christmas to you all.

Barrie Burton

Bob Thompson1894

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » December 23rd, 2019, 8:25 am

Got to disagree John. The journal is often better than the expensive model mags. Long may it continue.

Vincent Raia

Postby Vincent Raia » January 2nd, 2020, 5:09 pm

As an ex Journal Editor, I did the job for a couple of years, I will say it was blooming hard work putting it together, and getting it out on time, especially as at that time getting it printed and posted was the biggest issue but Dave managed to turn it all around, and has been very dedicated to it for all the years he has been producing it, and I must agree, that it is a very important part of the membership, something to read with you morning cuppa, and as said, keeps you up to date with all the latest LMA information, also it is a great source of reference when needed. I still have my old Journals for me to look back on, something that is not always available with technology or the media.

Return to “General Discussion Topics”