Dave Parry, retiring journal editor, ta much

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Alan Cantwell 1131

Dave Parry, retiring journal editor, ta much

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » December 22nd, 2019, 8:26 pm

Just thought I would show my appreciation for the fine work Dave has done through the years with the journal, and his fine photographic content, the new guys have big shoes to fill! See you at the northwest site I hope, :D

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Re: Dave Parry, retiring journal editor, ta much

Postby Dave Parry » December 23rd, 2019, 4:27 am

Good morning all, it was with regret that my departure from the editor of the journal happened how it did, but my personal circumstances forced me to resign from the LMA board and pass it on. I thought I would leave it until now to say anything so as to give a chance for whoever took it on to get settled in. I have enjoyed my time with the LMA and all the duties I have been given over the years, my favourite was the latter. Sadly I will not be attending any show in the near future and I would like to Take this opportunity to thank everyone who contributed to the Journal In my time as editor. I will still be going to the local site in the new year and having a dabble on the sticks. I was Honored to receive my honorary membership, I was just sorry I couldn’t be at the AGM in person to receive it and thank everyone.

Well that’s just about it I think, except to say I have made many friends over the years in the LMA and i will be sad that I won’t be seeing any of you in 2020, but never say never, I need this time to sort things out and I am sure I will be back in the future, but for now may I wish the new editor of the journal every success and you all a very merry Christmas and a great New Year.

stuart knowles 1611

Postby stuart knowles 1611 » December 23rd, 2019, 11:05 pm

Thanks Dave, You did a great job on the Journal. I always look forward to it landing on the mat.

Peter Smedley

Postby Peter Smedley » December 24th, 2019, 10:14 am

Thanks for all your efforts...much appreciated in deepest Cornwall
Fly ‘til I die...

Vincent Raia

Postby Vincent Raia » January 2nd, 2020, 4:55 pm

Hello Dave, just seen your post, I must say that LMA has lost another good man, you brought a lot of new innovations to the job, and your dedication is second to none, in upgrading the journal and getting the old web site updated, wish you all the best for the future, you and your big lens will be missed at the shows, the new broom will certainly have some big shoes to fill, and we wish him good luck, all the best for the future mate.

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » January 6th, 2020, 11:48 am

Thank you all for your kind words, sadly as you can see by the amount who has looked and responded, this forum is dead. The new media is Facebook, twitter and Instagram. Website and forums are a dying art. But it is still nice to be recognised for what I have done even if it had only been one person its nice to be appreciated.

thank you all once again.

Bob Thompson1894

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » January 6th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Dave- as others have said, thank you for your work. I agree FB and Twitter are the new kids on the block, but there is still a core of folk who stand by the LMA Forum, RCMF and others. FB can not store build threads and 'how to' articles like the forums. There is still, in my opinion, a need for them.

Return to “General Discussion Topics”