Information needed on the BN-2 Islander 28% G-SICA

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Andrew Brown

Information needed on the BN-2 Islander 28% G-SICA

Postby Andrew Brown » October 24th, 2020, 6:14 pm

Hi All.
Hope everyone is well and staying covid free during these weird end-of-the-world times!

Does anyone happen to know the contact details of the chap who owns/flys the 28% Islander in the shetland.gov.uk colour scheme, G-SICA?

A friend is currently in the process of finishing off a 10ft Islander powered by 2x DLE 20RA. We're not 100% sure where the model should balance. A safe guess at 30-33% has resulted in quite a bit of lead being added to the nose and it feels rather heavy! In a previous life I had a 10ft islander that was owned by Steve Vodrey and from memory it didn't seem to need quite so much nose weight. It felt lighter on the tail when pushing it on the ground. I can't for the life of me remember where it should balance!

Any help or information regarding the balance point of the 28% islander that's currently on the circuit would be really helpful!
Cheers
Andy

Alan Cantwell 1131

Re: Information needed on the BN-2 Islander 28% G-SICA

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » October 24th, 2020, 8:01 pm

This for a smaller version, but really, it will suit yours, it’s a parallel wing, so 33%,

Richie Robinson

Re: Information needed on the BN-2 Islander 28% G-SICA

Postby Richie Robinson » November 24th, 2020, 3:52 pm

Hi Andrew, apologies for not replying earlier as I have only just noticed your request.
I have checked the plan and as Alan has already suggested the centre of the recommended CG range is 33%.
That is where I balanced the Islander. It seems spot on.
Richie Robinson

Return to “General Discussion Topics”