New listing for Tx ignition units

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Dave Hayfield

New listing for Tx ignition units

Postby Dave Hayfield » June 10th, 2021, 2:44 pm

After 5 years of selling hundreds of Tx controlled ignition switches and failsafe units from ebay I have cancelled all listings from the ebay site. The reason is that they have severed all connection with paypal and they require all of my bank details, something that paypal did not require, to continue with a new ebay method of payments. I am and always will be reluctant to give my bank details to such an organisation which is wide open to possible scams.
To continue selling the units that I produce I will continue by taking orders by phone or email and payment by bank transfer or cheque. My phone is 07831546671 or 01843841691 and email sheila.bransfield@btinternet.com
I can describe by phone or email whatever you wish to purchase for whatever type of petrol engine. The Tx ignition switches are £16.50 and the failsafe units are £9.50 including post. Safe flying Dave
Thanet Model Flying Club
LMA 520

paul hughes

Re: New listing for Tx ignition units

Postby paul hughes » June 10th, 2021, 10:24 pm

Hi Dave, I sell my boat kits on ebay and like you was shocked by the changes, how ever it is not as bad as i thought. Paypal is part of the same group as ebay at the moment and already have your bank details as they are linked to your paypal account. It will pan out that you don't get a monthly bill from ebay as they take their charges as source. At first i didn't like this but it works out better for me, also no paypal charge. Once your a couple of months in to the new way of working i'm sure you will find it ok.

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » June 11th, 2021, 6:11 am

I don’t get this old fashioned thought of your bank details being out there, so it’s time to put head in sand, they are on every cheque you ever issued, PayPal have your details, I’ve opened a debit card with virgin money, linked to a savings account, gets to a hundred quid in the credit card account, transfers over to the savings, we’re it can’t be touched, Buyers can still buy off you with PayPal, it’s just that you need a bank account to receive payment, it’s no big deal, I, like you, thought the world was at an end, but in reality, it’s actually easier, and the increased fees are actually in your favour,

Dave Hayfield

Postby Dave Hayfield » June 17th, 2021, 9:25 am

Paypal never asked for a direct debit arrangement on my main current account, if the paypal funds were less than required it was made up from credit card details which I gave to them which meant I had some control over fraud issues. Ebay are insisting that I provide a current account otherwise they will not entertain my trading. To provide some safety buffer I opened a new current account with limited funds which will be used solely for ebay trading.
ps. My ignition /failsafe units are back on ebay or phone me on 07831546671
Thanet Model Flying Club
LMA 520

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » June 22nd, 2021, 8:56 am

I set up a debit card with Virgin money, comes with a savings account, so I can transfer out of the debit account, keeping the money safe from electronic theft, my PayPal account is still active for eBay buying, backed up by my credit card, if funds are low, The Virgin account will only be used for money in, not the other way,

Return to “General Discussion Topics”