VP's new model

Why not share your information on your latest creation
Keith Mitchell

VP's new model

Postby Keith Mitchell » May 8th, 2009, 2:14 pm

Dave is too modest to post this himself:

It's 68" span, modified from the Airsail kit. I put the Laser 70 up front, which runs beautifully (of course), but certainly doesn't over power it. The Squadron crest on the tail I photocopied from my old lapel badge. Following very helpful advice from Mick Henderson I covered it in Sig Koverall, sprayed it with aluminium car body paint, then fuel proofed it with 'clear' from Fighter Aces. Biggest problem was getting the day-glo paint (I tried Solartrim,. but it didn't adhere well to the fabric finish In the end I came across a spray can called Hobby Paint in our local paint shop!

It flies very nicely, and there's very little change of trim at either 15 or 30 degree flap. But now, from the sublime to the ridiculous, I'm drawing up plans for a 12th Scale Sukhoi Su 7 Fitter for edf. Just had to revisit it, as the one I made for diesel ducted fan around '74 was more of a powered glider!

Cheers,
Dave
Attachments
Chipmunk055.jpg
Fitter.jpg
Fitter.jpg (75.33 KiB) Viewed 4232 times

DAVE JOHNSON

Re: VP's new model

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » May 8th, 2009, 2:51 pm

Keith---i hope you have sent a personal invite to Dave to come and fly with us at Longhorsley?? the new model looks superb---i will be bringing Sir Johns Taube up that weekend as well--DAVE

Return to “Your New Projects”