FN5 turrets for Wellington

Why not share your information on your latest creation
Timothy Huff

Re: FN5 turrets for Wellington

Postby Timothy Huff » June 3rd, 2020, 6:31 pm

Well, as of yesterday, you'll be glad (and relieved?) to know that the turrets are complete, and this will be my last post as regards progress on them. I've put together a final film, a mixture of stills and footage from within the turrets (with newly completed cupolas fitted).

So now the geodetic side of things begins, and I'll start a new thread eventually when there's progress to shew. Thanks for all your encouragement and interest.

Link: https://youtu.be/i3bkapxHp5M

Scott Edwards

Postby Scott Edwards » June 3rd, 2020, 10:54 pm

Amazing ! The turrets on my 1/5 Wellington consist of a pair of biros, a cotton reel and a Tesco's cheesecake box. I now feel somewhat inadequate. :-)

Alex Jones

Postby Alex Jones » June 4th, 2020, 7:33 am

I've really enjoyed watching these come together Timothy, They look awesome, hopefully I'll get to see them in the flesh one day.

Cheers, Alex

Dave Kellett

Postby Dave Kellett » June 4th, 2020, 7:44 am

Hi Tim,
Thank you very much for your thread it has been an amazing project to follow. Yourself and a n other (Sea Dart) has taken this sport to a new level, which I don't think will be exceeded, a truly wonderful project of which you must feel very proud.
Congratulations and once again thanks for sharing with us all.

Regards and good luck for the future

Dave.

PS Cant wait to see the Wellington with the turrets fitted.

Timothy Huff

Postby Timothy Huff » June 4th, 2020, 11:30 am

Scott Edwards wrote:Amazing ! The turrets on my 1/5 Wellington consist of a pair of biros, a cotton reel and a Tesco's cheesecake box. I now feel somewhat inadequate. :-)

Please don't be! Committing these to flight will be a thoroughly risky proposition as far as their long-term survival! So there's a great deal of sense in the biros and cotton-wheels approach! On the other hand, once CV19 is over, if you'd like to explore the possibilities of having some of the main parts printed to augment your turrets at 1/5th, I'd be very happy to help out. The same goes for the various bulkhead frames within the Wellington, the most easily seen being the 12 and a half frame immediately behind the pilot, and the leading edge frame, both of which I have drawings for now.

Cheers,

Timothy Huff

Postby Timothy Huff » June 4th, 2020, 11:35 am

Cheers Alex. Once CV19 has fallen over, I'm in North Oxfordshire, and if ever you're passing I'd be very happy to shew them to you, and such progress on the geodetics as may have been made by then.. Just PM me to arrange.
Tim

Alex Jones wrote:I've really enjoyed watching these come together Timothy, They look awesome, hopefully I'll get to see them in the flesh one day.

Cheers, Alex

Return to “Your New Projects”