Adrian Rowe-Evans

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
barrie burton

Adrian Rowe-Evans

Postby barrie burton » August 16th, 2013, 9:31 am

Sad to say that Adrian passed away peacefully on the 7th August.He was involved with the LMA from the early days and did a lot of work on the committee.Funeral in Kenilworth on 27th August

John Townsend 389

Re: Adrian Rowe-Evans

Postby John Townsend 389 » August 16th, 2013, 1:02 pm

Adrian was a real gentleman, I have very fond memories of him, especially when I served on the Committee during the late early days of the association.
John.

Keith Mitchell

Postby Keith Mitchell » August 17th, 2013, 1:41 pm

Although many current members may not have known Adrian, it is important to pay homage to his very considerable influence in the establishment and running of the LMA in it's first 20 years.

He held virtually all positions on Committee and BoG and in his own inimical style embracing old-fashioned politeness, generosity and not a little fortitude, did much in his own way to forge the ethos and camaraderie that we still enjoy in the Association to this day.

True gent' and thoroughly honourable person. The mould that he came out of is most assuredly broken.........

Condolences to the family.

Keith Mitchell

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/insite/news/w ... am_adrian/
Attachments
LMA Comm.jpg
Adrian, front second left at a Goosedale Committee Meeting, 1991
LMA Comm.jpg (274.87 KiB) Viewed 6738 times

John Greenfield

Postby John Greenfield » August 19th, 2013, 6:44 am

Sad news indeed. Without Ardians calm steering hand through some of the difficult early days of the LMA I am not sure we would be where we are now.

A sad loss to us all.

John

Tony Fagan

Postby Tony Fagan » August 20th, 2013, 8:33 am

So sorry to hear the sad news of Adrian's passing. He was a lovely, absolutely genuine human being who was admired and respected by all those who had the pleasure of serving alongside him on the the early LMA committees.

[quote="John Greenfield]Sad news indeed. Without Ardians calm steering hand through some of the difficult early days of the LMA I am not sure we would be where we are now.

A sad loss to us all.

John[/quote]

Dave Hayfield

Postby Dave Hayfield » August 20th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Very sad to hear of Adrian's passing, he was truly one of the last of the true English gentlemen. I have many fond memories of serving on early LMA committees with him.
Thanet Model Flying Club
LMA 520

DAVE JOHNSON

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » August 20th, 2013, 5:29 pm

I have been thinking of what to add---but its all been said---Adrian was a really nice guy ,I also had the pleasure of working with him many years back,and even though he had been ill for some time,its still sad hearing of his passing---

Vince Raia

Postby Vince Raia » August 28th, 2013, 6:56 am

Just spotted this posting and I too must whole heartedly concur with all the comments and tributes made about Adrian, and absolute gentleman in all sense of the word.

Return to “General Discussion Topics”