Hannibal

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Nick Reeves 3055

Hannibal

Postby Nick Reeves 3055 » November 25th, 2016, 12:16 am

can somebody help me with a detail on the flair hannibal? i have got an electronic copy of the hannibal plan and the only thing that it doesnt show is the rear top deck formers. can anyone tell me if they are a similar idea to the magnatilla (trapizium shaped formers with stringers)? also, has anyone made a 2pc wing for it? if so how? cheers nick
Adreneline is a Natural substance, Enjoy it when you can!
Too many planks to count, & two helis all guided by Futaba

Mike Ellis

Re: Hannibal

Postby Mike Ellis » November 25th, 2016, 7:45 pm

Hi Nick
They are like the Magnatilla type. It would be ok to make a two piece wing as I have one to build shortly, but you would either have to make the top centre cockpit split in the middle so the wings would separate.
Personally I am using 14mm graupner strip wing joiners, available from "Gliders" in Newark. ( check the web for there number)
The joiners come at 1mtr long and one only would be ok,cut into two pieces.
You would need to perhaps place some ply against the main spars then place the joiner one on top of the other and box them in with some more ply.
Ring me if you want to discuss it, as its easier to tell you rather than try and do it all on here lol

Mike Ellis. LMA 652

Nick Reeves 3055

Postby Nick Reeves 3055 » November 25th, 2016, 9:58 pm

cheers for that mike. i was contemplating using a 3/4" tube or similar but i actually think ive got some of those 'bar in sleeve' sets somewhere now i come to think of it.

Dave Lowe

Postby Dave Lowe » November 25th, 2016, 10:49 pm

Hi Nick,
I've been flying a Hannibal with a 2 piece wing for over two years, Quite easy to do with a tube and a secondary carbon rod towards the trailing edge, I put a split former (1/4 ply ) on the leading edge with 1/2" dowels epoxied in, to act as retainers in the fuz. and 6mm bolts near the trailing edges ( I used furniture bolts), Extend the hight of the rear formers a little (its not critical) Put the wings together and fix to the model, with a layer of polythene on top of the centre section now build a cockpit centre to fill the gap, this can be held in place by strong magnets or screws and gives you access to the wing bolts for removal, You can then hollow out a cockpit and fit a pilot looks a lot better than the pilot just stuck to the top of the wing. Easier to show you than to talk about it so if your ever in Staffordshire give me a ring and call in.

Nick Reeves 3055

Postby Nick Reeves 3055 » November 25th, 2016, 11:06 pm

thanks for that dave. i doubt ill be in staffordshire any time soon as i live nr paisley. do you have an pics at all?

Dave Lowe

Postby Dave Lowe » November 26th, 2016, 1:36 am

No pics at present, unable to do any today but will see about getting some for you over the next few days

Dave Lowe

Postby Dave Lowe » November 26th, 2016, 9:45 pm

Good evening Nick PM sent.

Return to “General Discussion Topics”