Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
David Jones

Postby David Jones » January 24th, 2010, 9:17 pm

Hello LMA. I am a new member and would like to introduce myself. I was a fairly late comer to the hobby, starting in 1990 when, after taking advice I built and was tought to fly a Mascot trainer. Since then I have built numerous models from kits and plans ranging from Super Chipmunks, 1/4 scale Stampe's to DB Hurricains. The largest model I own at the moment is a 1/4 scale J3 Cub which I built from the Sig kit. That's powered by an ASP 160 FS flat twin and flies really well.

I'm considered by my mates to be a fairly decent builder and, now that I'm retired, I've started to build the odd model for them and for other people as well. My claim to fame so far is that I've built two aircraft for the Dawn Patrol, and I've managed to master the art of computing and published build threads (on the RCMF Forum).

I've just taken delivery of a Belair cut Zirolli B25 Mitchell (118") which I'm going to build for a mate of mine, I'll be doing a build thread for that as well. It will be my first twin project so I'll no doubt be looking for advice in the not too distant future. If any of you out there have built one in the past, I'd appreciate some hints /tips re any likely pit falls etc. As and when I start the build thread I hope some of you can take the time to have a look see.

Thats it for now. Regards, Dave Jones.

DAVE JOHNSON

Re: New member

Postby DAVE JOHNSON » January 24th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Evening Dave--welcome to the LMA forum.Member Colin Hammond has recently built one of these,he isnt on computor,but if you need help,i can pass you his details--DAVE

David Jones

Postby David Jones » January 24th, 2010, 9:43 pm

Thanks Dave, I do have his 'phone number, we had a chat with him at the Nats when this project was in its infancy, he actually recommended we go for the bigger one. I'll certainly be contacting him in due course once I've got the build registered and started. Does Tony Hooper take registration details over the web (I haven't got his e mail address) or do I have to post it to him? Regards, Dave Jones.

Alan Cantwell 1131

Postby Alan Cantwell 1131 » January 24th, 2010, 10:05 pm

Cor, take anyone in here, riff raff :D i was looking at Daves latest build, the Dornier WW1 thing for Von Tappin, from what he started with, i really dont know how he did it!!! he also built the Balsa USA D7 that our chairman has been flying this last season, retired eh? at 55, gawd, i hate him :D welcome Dave,

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » January 25th, 2010, 12:16 am

Hi David, wecome to the forum, I hope you are going to do the build thread on here for us all as for Tony just click on this link.

over20kg.htm

:geek:

Return to “General Discussion Topics”