Utter Stupidity or not?

Any topic that is not suitable for the other topic items
Tony Collins 1073

Utter Stupidity or not?

Postby Tony Collins 1073 » August 23rd, 2010, 5:10 pm

Our Hobby has been under attack in the past and we need to be noticed only for the right reasons.
What does the LMA OR THE BMFA make of this I wonder?

http://westessex.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=video

Robert Mahoney

Re: Utter Stupidity or not?

Postby Robert Mahoney » August 23rd, 2010, 5:31 pm

Hi all, I banned the two flyers at The South West Model Show in April for flying in the sales area of the show. The fowl language that was used by one of them shocked the public who were trying to buy there modelling goods. They would have been banned if they had got to the flying area, as they don’t care about the 30 / 50m or the noise rule!
This has been reported elsewhere! And they will never fly again at The South West Model Show.

Regards Robert Mahoney
The South West Model Show flight line director.

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » August 24th, 2010, 6:40 am

They should be prosecuted, and made an example of like the last idiot that thought he could do what he liked, but don’t know how this could be done, I doubt they will have BMFA membership or anything like it, maybe one for the CAA again, ether way doesn’t look good on the responsible model flyers in this country. :x :x :x

Robert Mahoney

Postby Robert Mahoney » August 24th, 2010, 7:09 am

Hi Dave and all, I am sorry to say that there are both BMFA and Seven Bridge Club members and have “B” certificates. There are more videos on youtube that show how reckless they can be.
The powers of be, know all about these events and are looking into it! I cannot say more on the matter at the moment!

Robert Mahoney

Barry Bennett

Postby Barry Bennett » August 24th, 2010, 8:31 pm

Very dangerous, the chap with the trnny never had his seat belt on. :o

geoff dales

Postby geoff dales » August 24th, 2010, 8:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/inky000

take a look at some of their other u tube vids . totally irresponsible.
LMA 3141

Bob Thompson1894

Postby Bob Thompson1894 » August 24th, 2010, 9:31 pm

And I thought it was Essex GIRLS who were stupid! :o

Dave Berry 2911

Postby Dave Berry 2911 » August 27th, 2010, 7:27 am

The problem with taking too much action against them is that we are all tared with the same brush, but obviously they cannot do these sort of things, its completely reckless, and if an accident were to occur, would really cause problems.

Not wanting to upset anyone..but should the links from here be removed as they can be viewed by anyone.

Chris Berry 2912

stewart clifford

Postby stewart clifford » August 29th, 2010, 7:01 pm

Despite this not being a good thing, had it been organised properly and done slighty different it would have been quite a good acheievment, similar to some of the channel crossings. Maybe it could have brought us some good publicity. These guys are clearly good flyers just a shame they are acting this way. Can't help but think the long arm of the law may get hold of them before too long.

Stewart

Dave Parry
Site Admin

Postby Dave Parry » August 30th, 2010, 8:13 am

Dave Berry 2911 wrote:The problem with taking too much action against them is that we are all tared with the same brush, but obviously they cannot do these sort of things, its completely reckless, and if an accident were to occur, would really cause problems.

Not wanting to upset anyone..but should the links from here be removed as they can be viewed by anyone.

Chris Berry 2912

I do understand where you are coming from, Dave, but removing the links just put them back in the shadows, I feel they need to be exposed so people can see we are not all irresponsible and this sort of thing is not the normal way we behave in this hobby, as this thread is showing, I do agree these are excellent pilots it is just a shame they don’t put there skills to good use. :geek:

Dave Berry 2911

Postby Dave Berry 2911 » August 30th, 2010, 5:35 pm

Thats fair comment Dave

Mark Partington 2989

Postby Mark Partington 2989 » August 31st, 2010, 6:16 pm

Robert Mahoney wrote:Hi all, I banned the two flyers at The South West Model Show in April for flying in the sales area of the show. The fowl language that was used by one of them shocked the public who were trying to buy there modelling goods. They would have been banned if they had got to the flying area, as they don’t care about the 30 / 50m or the noise rule!
This has been reported elsewhere! And they will never fly again at The South West Model Show.

Regards Robert Mahoney
The South West Model Show flight line director.

The reply from one of them tells a different story Robert, (now there's a surprise), however, as I've never met either of the peoplke putting their side of the story, I'd suggest that something between the two versions took place.

Hi,

My name is Thomas ***** and I'm flying in most of the videos posted. I would post something on the LMA forum too but I can't work out how to register!

I wont go over the videos again because Its all been said a few time before, I will just say something abour Bob Mahonys comments on the LMA forum where I feel the other side of the story is required.

The incident He mentions on the LMA forum didn't quite pan out as described. I was flying a shocky around 8am Sunday morning in an area where loads of people had been flying all night and earlier that morning. There were model balloonists flying in the same field at the time and I figured it would be ok as the show wasn't open to the public yet and I was on 2.4. Admitedly I did a little bit of hovering in our gazebo right next to the flying area. I had been flying about 5 minutes and all the traders seemed to be enjoying it when an ear pearcing scream came from the other side of the campsite. I looked over and saw a big man coming towards me at pace, howling all the way. I quickly caught my shocky and tried to look innocent. The shouting match that followed wasn't the most pleasant thing in the world, with horrible things said by both parties. I will say though that if one side of the argument would have given children nightmares it definately wasn't our side.

We had been flying at the show all day saturday and we weren't informed of any occasions where we crossed the flight line. The organisers of the event wanted us to carry on flying on Sunday but were too scared to breach the subject with Bob!

Regards,

Tom
Mark.
-------------------------------
Tonka Toys, Big Boys Toys

Simon Wright

Postby Simon Wright » September 1st, 2010, 1:05 am

Ref the severn bridge crossing.

Was there any law, rule or regulation broken? (other than not wearing a seatbelt?)

If the model wasnt flown over the vehicles, but over the severn who was it endangering?

Taking no sides but would like to know

Si
LMA2345 now that should be easy to remember!

Return to “General Discussion Topics”